Search

Tips on Portrait Style

Indoor vs. Outdoor


People often ask me:  Where is the best location for a family portrait: indoors or outdoors?  That's a great question. But before we can answer it, we need to know:  Do you like portraits more casual or more formal?  Do you like the beach or the woods or just the closeness of family?  What does your family do together?  

  • Outdoor vs. Indoor.  Outdoor portraits bring the beauty of nature.  The scenery is authentic, natural, heroic.  The poses tend to be a bit more casual and informal.  They are beautiful and our studio has been shooting on location for twenty-six years. There is a downside, we cannot control the weather.  While 90% of sessions go on the date and time scheduled, the other 10% get rained out.  And, we do most outdoor portraits the months of May through October.  The rest of the months are--for the most part--not ideal.  Indoor portraits, however, are year round. The lighting is controlled.  The weather is always perfect.  Indoor portraits have an extra level of consideration & refinement. If you are looking for something more elegant, more sophisticated, more painterly, indoors is a great option. Many of our painterly portraits are created in our magnificent studio.   What's more, they are perfect for families with infants.  Be sure to browse our galleries for ideas. 



1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Top 12 Reasons for Having a Family Portrait

1. A portrait says to every family member.  I count, I'm loved and I belong. 2. A family portrait keeps you close, even when you are (geographically) far away. 3. An updated portrait keeps your family

© 2023 BY ALAN PARKS. PROUDLY CREATED WITH WIX.COM

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Pinterest Icon
30th_copper_.png

Every face is beautiful

814-868-0888

Copyright 2021 Lorei Portraits | All Rights Reserved | Design By: Tiffany Webster